It is important to attend a diabetic review so that we can monitor your diabetes to reduce the risk of you developing complications. Diabetes can affect all systems of the body and often damage can begin to affect your eyes, heart, feet and kidneys without any outward symptoms.
For more information visit NHS.uk.
Prevention and/or early detection is the key to remaining healthy with your diabetes.At your appointment we will:
- review your blood results and medications
- record your BP, height and weight
- assess your feet
- check you’ve been able to attend for retinopathy
- discuss diet and activity
- allow time for your questions, and suggest and make referrals as necessary
When booking for your diabetic review you will need 2 appointments:
- 1. The first appointment will be for a blood test with a Health Care Assistant. You will need to bring an early morning urine sample to this first appointment.
- 2. The second appointment will be with one of our diabetic specialists.
If you are due your yearly review, please telephone reception on 0117 942 6811 and make 2 appointments. For assisted access to get an appointment for your Diabetes Review, you can email [email protected]. You will need to put in the subject line ‘Review Clinic’, and write your phone number in the email. A receptionist will then call you back within 2 working days to arrange an appointment with you. If you have missed a call, or have a message from us regarding your appointment booking, you will need to ring back via the usual line please.
If you are unable to come into the surgery because of your mobility, you can call the surgery to arrange a visit, and we will come and do your diabetic review at home.
We look forward to seeing you and helping you to remain healthy with your diabetes.