It is important to attend a yearly COPD review so that we can make sure you’re getting the right treatment, and to help you to manage your symptoms better.
At your COPD review we will:
- Assess the severity, risk of exacerbations and impact of your COPD.
- If you smoke, discuss your smoking and offer assistance if you would like to reduce your smoking or quit.
- Discuss your exercise and movement and offer pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Review your inhaler technique to ensure your inhalers are effective.
- Discuss and review your inhalers and other medication.
- Do a review of your self-management.
- Step-up of management in response to increasing need, if necessary, provided in action plan.
When you come to the surgery for your review, you will be able to ask Louise, our specialist COPD Nurse, or Mohammed, our Long Term Conditions Lead, any questions which you might have. Your review can be done via telephone appointment if that is convenient for you.
If you are due a review, please telephone reception on 0117 942 6811 and tell the receptionist that you would like to make an appointment for a COPD check.
For assisted access to get an appointment for your COPD Review, you can email [email protected]. You will need to put in the subject line ‘Review Clinic’, and write your phone number in the email. A receptionist will then call you back within 2 working days to arrange an appointment with you. If you have missed a call, or have a message from us regarding your appointment booking, you will need to ring back via the usual line please.
Please remember to bring all your inhalers to your appointment.
If you are unable to come into the surgery because of your mobility, you can call the surgery to arrange a visit, and one of our specialist COPD clinicians will come and do your COPD check at home.
If you would like more information about COPD please visit NHS.net.
We look forward to seeing you and helping you to remain healthy.