The community nursing team is provided by Sirona Care and Health.
The service is available to housebound individuals and temporarily housebound aged 18 and over who are registered with a GP surgery in Bristol. This includes people who live at home, in supported housing or in a residential home. Individuals who live in nursing homes are not eligible because their nursing care is already provided.
Community nursing teams provide a wide range of care and support to housebound and temporarily housebound individuals who are over 18. This includes:
- Coordinating care for individuals with long-term conditions or complex health needs
- Administering medication and supporting self-administration
- Dressing and managing wounds
- Providing Catheter Care in Clinics and within the individuals home
- Providing Wound Care for housebound individuals after surgery
- Supporting issues around continence
- Caring at end of life
The team consists of healthcare professionals, including district nurses, community nurses, healthcare assistants, assistant practitioners, administrators and advanced clinical practitioners.
To access this service you can be referred by your GP or another healthcare professional. For people who have been discharged from the service, they can self-re-refer or call for clinical advice by calling the Single Point of Access Team (SPA).
Individuals or carers please call Single Point of Access Team (SPA) on 0300 125 6789.