Montpelier Health Centre is a 4YP Doctor’s Surgery. Many local doctors’ surgeries take part in the 4YP scheme. This means that young people can come to us for any concerns about sex and contraception, and they can be sure they’ll be treated with respect. Also, the service is confidential, friendly and free and the young people don’t even need to be registered at the surgery.
- Chlamydia self testing kits
- Emergency Contraception
- Free condoms & c-card scheme
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) testing & treatment
- Pregnancy testing
…………………….as well as other health services.
We also want to encourage our registered patients to use our service more often especially in relation to sexual health and Chlamydia self testing.
- Chlamydia is the most commonly diagnosed sexually transmitted infection (STI) in the UK; affecting both men and women. Most people who have it will have no symptoms, without a test you will probably not know anything is wrong.
- If you or your sexual partner are left untreated it can cause infertility (not being able to have children) and long term pelvic pain.
- It can be easily treated with antibiotics.
Young people can make an appointment, drop in for a 4YP appointment/Teen health check or just pick up a chlamydia self testing kit.
How to get to us: There is a bus stop 200 yards from the health centre on Stokes croft. This is on a main bus route into the centre of Bristol: buses 70-76 stop there. Visit www.firstcityline.co.uk for more information.
Montpelier station is very close to the health centre on Station Road. Visit www.rail.co.uk for more information on the train times.