What is Self Care?
Self care is about looking after yourself in a healthy way. It can be anything from brushing your teeth, doing some exercise, managing common conditions (like headaches, colds and flu) or living with a long-term health problem, such as asthma or diabetes.
As a Self Care Aware practice we are here to help you feel able to look after your own health when it is right for you. So, when you come in for a consultation, the doctors, nurses and healthcare assistants in this practice will talk to you about what you can do to help maintain and improve your health.
Did you know?
- The NHS belongs to all of us – help us to keep it working smoothly by turning up for appointments
- Every time you see a GP it costs the NHS £43, on average, for a 12-minute consultation
- A visit to Accident and Emergency costs £112
Ask 3 Questions
Treating your infection
The Truth about TB
With Bristol and North Somerset CCGs, we are promoting a new smartphone app to help parents care for children suffering with one of six common illnesses.
- diarrhoea and vomiting
- high temperature
- chesty baby (Bronchiolitis)
- chesty child (wheeze and asthma)
- abdominal pain
- common newborn problems
The app is free to download for Android and iPhones and provides a home care plan for each condition to help parents provide the best support for their child.