If you have asthma, it is important to attend a yearly asthma review so that we can make sure you’re getting the right treatment, and help you to manage your symptoms better.
At your asthma review you can:
- review your asthma medicines to make sure they’re still working well for you
- have tests like spirometry and peak flow to see how well your lungs are working
- talk through any symptoms bothering you or triggers you’ve noticed
- check you’re taking your inhaler in the right way so the medicine ends up in your lungs where it’s needed
- Ask about other things that might help your asthma such as stop smoking support and starting to exercise.
- Discuss your personal action plan
When you come to the surgery for your review, you will be able to ask Louise or Julie, our specialist Asthma Nurses, any questions which you might have. Your review can be done via telephone appointment if that is convenient for you.
Please telephone reception on 0117 942 6811 to make an Asthma Check appointment, or for assisted access to get an appointment for your Asthma Check, you can email montpelierhealthcentre@NHS.net. You will need to put in the subject line ‘Review Clinic’, and write your phone number in the email. A receptionist will then call you back within 2 working days to arrange an appointment with you. If you have missed a call, or have a message from us regarding your appointment booking, you will need to ring back via the usual line please.
Please remember to bring all your inhalers to your appointment.
Even if you’re feeling well with your asthma it is important to attend your review. It’s a chance to make sure your asthma stays well, so you can carry on with doing the things you enjoy.
If your asthma is well controlled then the asthma review can be done over the phone if you ring and book a telephone consultation with the nurse or GP.
If you are unable to come into the surgery for a review, you can complete an asthma review online.