From January 2nd 2018, we replaced the Triage appointment system, with a Health Navigation system.
The essential changes are that:
- We will remove the on call triage list.
- In order to signpost you to the correct service for your condition you will be asked to provide the receptionist with as much information about your condition as possible. This is not a clinical triage, it is a clarification of need and the receptionist will then be able to make you an appointment with the most suitable clinician to help you.
- With our new system of working, the aim is that there will always be appointments available through the day. Patients will no longer need to phone first thing in the morning or phone back the following day to book an appointment.
- We would ask however, that if you have an urgent condition that needs assessment, that you still contact us before 11am if possible.
- This new system will open up an extra 2 sessions of clinical time per day allowing for up to 30 extra patients per day to be seen in a face to face appointment. We are also converting more appointments to same day, allowing the patient more flexibility when they call in for an urgent issue.
We are aware that it will take some time for the new system to become established and no doubt there will be issues along the way which we shall need to overcome. We ask you to bear with us during this time.
Your feedback as we progress would be greatly valued.
Please fill out a comments slip in the surgery or email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or comment here on our page to let us know your views.